What are the Health Benefits of Raw Milk?
Few people are aware that raw milk obtained from grass-fed cows is a totally complete and
balanced food that, if needed, you could live on exclusively. Amazing, huh? The cow is also self sustaining as she
can live on grass and still supply you with milk and a calf every year.
The cow is a truly amazing animal and the milk she provides will benefit your health in numerous ways. Let's
take a look at just a few of the health benefits obtained from raw milk from a grass-fed cow:
- Raw cow's milk has all 20 of the standard amino acids.
- Raw milk contains lactoferrin, which is an iron-binding protein for improved absorption of iron and also
- Contains CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated omega 6 fatty acid which has many health
benefits such as raising the metabolic rate, strengthening the immune system, lowering food allergy reactions,
and is also a cancer-fighting agent among other things.
- Contains vitamins and minerals including calcium which has many benefits in itself including reduction in
cancer, lower risk of osteoporosis, higher bone mineral density, strong teeth, and lowered risk of kidney
- Sixty-plus fully intact and functional enzymes.
- Contains beneficial bacteria.
Although at this time less than 1% of the milk consumed in the United States is raw, those who have been
drinking and reaping the benefits are gaining in number as more and more people are realizing the huge benefits in
switching from the pasteurized "dead" milk found in stores to the healthy benefits of raw milk.
Interested in buying your own dairy cow? Check out How to Buy a Dairy Cow for an easy step-by-step
guide to getting started. Great for beginners!.
Where can I buy raw milk?